The oldest parts are 16th century. In the 18th century several doors and windows were added opening on to the garden.
Rue de la Grande Fontaine.
The school was built in 1936 as the town school for boys. It is now the town primary school.
The main construction is in rough slate with contrasting lighter white limestone used for the door and window surrounds.
This hall in memory of the veterans of the First World War was built in 1925.
The hall was used for showing films and as a meeting room.
Avenue de l’Hôtel de ville.
The town hall and the school are built on the site of the former castle.
Rue de la Liberté.
1 Avenue de la gare.
2 Rue Jean Cariven.
The weighbridge was built in 1936 to serve the needs of local markets and fairs. The hut protects the mechanism of the weighbridge outside. Opposite the weighbridge is the former hospital, built in 1908/1909.
Avenue Général Leclerc.
The church has two romanesque doorways in sandstone. Slate from local quarries was used to built the nave and bell tower.
At the side of the bell tower is a 14th century fortified stair turret.
The interior has been altered in the gothic style, but there are interesting older fixtures, including a large 17th century carved altarpiece/reredos.
The quarries in Allassac were 60 to 100 metres deep.
In the 20th century the slate industry gradually declined as cheaper building materials became available and the local slate could only be worked by hand so costs were high nd production was slow.
Recently slate quarrying has started again in Allassac.